Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fasting and half marathon training again

Hari ni aku berpuasa. But yet training must go on. Bukan apa kalau nak tunggu 2 minggu puasa nazar ni habis baru nak training memang tak cukup masa dah for the Half Marathon. Sorry to make big fuse out of the Half Marathon, but to be truth at this point of time finishing the Half Marathon tends to bother me more than my weight issue.

I will let it be because thus far by focusing on the Half Marathon training and forget about my weight issue works like throw 2 birds with one stone (herm betul ker ni?). Kirenya meaning to say, serampang dua matalah..tembak satu dua2 kena.

So pagi tadi tak sahur sebab terlampau kenyang. Luckily I didn't work today so I got to enjoy half day nap (the hell nap??) before hit the gym at about 7.30 p.m. I was in between whether to break fast first and do the 5K or do the 5K first and break fast right after I finish.

I eventually hit the gym first after being nagged by Mr Keli. I kind of agree though because if I eat first I might having trouble to carry all the fats and the foods during the run. Hah! Ingatkan I couldn't do better than my record last two days. Yelah puasa kan, siap tak sahur lagi. Siap frust2 and giveup dengan diri sendiri and boleh pulak fikir nak stop and go home when I reached 2.5K. Last2 pujuk diri sendiri and jalan2 slow and to my surprise mood, semangat and tenaga tu datang balik sikit2.

So friends, if you feel like quitting, just hang in there a little longer who knows you can change your mind and push your body to the extra maximum. That's what I did. And I..

Teng tereng......















tereng......

















teng tereng.....























teng.....teng...teng..




















ok enough already.....

Manage to finish the 5K in 39 minutes and 51 seconds. I know you will be like: "ek eleh minah ni, ingat 15 minutes siap 5K tadi. Kecoh jer". Hahahaha..but whatever ok. Sebabkan saya puasa saya amat2 puas hati. it takes time people. It seriously does.

When I talked to a best friend yesterday, "Die, can this fat me run a Half Marathon with consistent training". She was like, "Of course darling, is not about your weight but your endurance. How your heart is going to take it makes a different, your body is always capable (provided you train enough),". Oh by the way, she's a physiotherapist.

And trust me, that's not lines of comfort from her. This friend of mine will hardly lie. She will tell the truth straight to my face or anyone. Like for example, "You're not gonna get married to this useless guy, just leave him already, don't dream too much,".

Ouchhhh right? I know.. :D That's my best friend a.k.a big sister Didie!

2 comments:

eynda said...

Tahniah!! Akak lari 5K 45 minit tau hehehe...

Ms^Keli said...

Ihiks... Mekasih kak! Akak selalu ker run 5K? Baru jer nk brjinak-jinak ni ha..